Sunday, June 3, 2012

Last day in Florence




May Twenty Eighth, 2012 -

Today we started out pretty early once again with a brief walk to Brunelleschi's Dome.  We got to the dome and went strait in and started our climb to the top.  The dome had two stops the middle which was a good viewing area for the painted ceiling and a resting spot after the first bit of stairs.  The ceiling was painted with what it looked like the heavens on the top and as it went down it ended with hell and the devil.  The bottom though well painted was a little intimidating and definitely makes you think.  One thing I noticed in the dome was some of the cracking throughout it.  Also Anoop pointed out some pretty large looking holes that were actually the spots for the scaffolding.  When we finally made it to the top and through all of the narrow stairways we got a 360 degree view of the awesome city of Florence.

Once we got some pictures and took in all of the sites we started our climb down.  This was a much faster pace than on the way up.  Our next plan was to go the Medici Palace, but they were apparently closed today so we ended up having a free day for the rest of the day.  I walked back to the hotel and took a few minutes to try and catch up on a few blogs and ended up watching a movie and just chilling for a little.  When I got up I decided to go and get a haircut finally.  I asked the lady at the front desk of the hotel where there might be a good place for an "American" haircut and she gave me the address for a place called "hair space".  I made my way there and once I finally found it, it was closed until 3:00 in the afternoon.  I just walked around for a little taking in the area and found a small little place and got some spaghetti carbonara and a fanta.  I then walked over a street to look for another place and found a little haircut deal.  I walked in and my first question was "do you speak English?" and his response was just a little.  I got the price and said what the heck.  It ended up turning out not too bad so I really couldn't complain and it was only 12 Euro's.

After my haircut I walked back and ended up going to get some food with a few others and we also walked around for a little bit.  Later that night we went to Za Za and got some more food, but I just split some food with Tanner since I had eaten not too long before.  Literally right after dinner we walked to YAB which was a club and ended up staying there for some time and had a great time.

We have an early train departure for Venice in the morning, hopefully all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment