Sunday, June 3, 2012

Beaching it in Lido







May Thirty First, 2012 –

Today we left the main islands of Venice and traveled as a group to a smaller outer island called Lido.  We took the public transportation, which was of course by boat out of Venice.  Once we arrived in Lido we hopped on a bus that would take us to the beach, or so we thought.  We ended up taking a loop around one part of the island just to end up right back were we started.  After this loop we stayed on the bus and it finally took us the right destination. 

Once we got off the bus we made our way to the beach to sit in the sand and enjoy the sun for a little while.  There was basically no one there except us, the workers, and maybe 5 or 6 other people.  This was actually quite nice since we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

I got some lunch and then went back out to the beach where our group had rented some chairs to sit in.  I decided not to rent them since I didn’t really think we would be there all that long and they were 5 Euro’s.  After a few beers and enjoying the water we found a volleyball and played some beach volleyball (my team won of course).  Around 3:30 we left to head back to Venice since we have a night train ride to Vienna, Austria. 

Rialto Bridge
 
I took a quick shower to get the sand and salt off of me, and then started to work on my blogs and download a few songs for the long upcoming ride.  We hopped back on the waterbus and enjoyed our last trip on the water as we made our way to the train station.  We boarded the train around 9:00 and got in our 6 person sleeper cabins.  These were awful because we had 6 guys all at least 6 foot and all around 185 pounds.  This cabin was very small and for some reason the Italian train pulling the Austrian cars had a disconnect with power and this left us with no air conditioning for the first 3 something ours.  I ended up finding a cabin with Tucker and luckily that was it.  As I lay there trying to sleep I was pouring sweat thinking to myself I would never fall asleep.   

1 comment: