Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Walking the streets.. again

June Sixth, 2012 -

Today we started out walking across the Charles Bridge towards Prague Castle, which was pretty much strait up a whole bunch of stairs.  We got tickets that actually allowed us into many of the surrounding buildings as well as the castle itself.  One of my favorite parts was shooting a crossbow in one of the hallways for only , 50 cents and then the dungeon part of the castle which still had some of the weapons and torturing devices that would have been used in the early days.  Some of the buildings we saw were St. Vitus's Cathedral which was right next to the castle and the Basilica of  St. George which was pretty small but very unique on the inside with its all wood ceiling. 






After the tour of the Castle and the surrounding areas most of us headed back to the hotel to get some food and pack for Amsterdam, but I decided to try to ship a few things back to the States.  I had to get a cab to take me to FedEx, which was in a town about 10 to 15 minutes away from the downtown Prague area we were in.  Once I got to FedEx the guy there helped me out with shipping and then called another cab for me, but luckily one that was much cheaper and he put it in his name so I wouldn't get ripped off by a Czech cabby.  I had to get everything shipped and back to the hotel to pack by at least 2:30 because my flight was at 5:10 and with "increased security" we needed to be there 2 hours before.  To say the least the cab driver on the way back was definitely hauling on the way back and then he waited for me to pack and check out in order to take me to the airport.  I made it in plenty of time to make the flight and checked in first.  I'm more excited about this flight since it will not be Vueling again, they were awful to say the least if you recall my lost luggage ordeal.  Anyways I will be on "vacation" for the next 3 days and will update the blog once I get a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment