Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Biking through Vienna


Imperial Treasure Building










June Second, 2012 –

 
As the days roll on, and the cities keep passing by I feel as if the towns keep getting better and better.  With that said we were lucky enough to get another bike tour today through Vienna.  It started out with a brief metro ride and walk to the store with the bikes.  Once we got there we saw that they had pretty bright new looking beach cruisers for us to ride.  I’m not sure if she was the owner, but the lady who I presume put the tour together came out and talked to us and told us that the bikes we were riding today were brand new.  She was more excited about these bikes than a kid on Christmas day. 
 Belvedere Palace

As our tour started we began riding through Vienna and saw some pretty amazing places.  In my opinion this is one of the best ways to tour a city because you get a good tour and information, but also a great feel of the place you are touring.  One interesting place we stopped was a Spanish stable where they train horses to "dance" and become priceless animals.

After the bike tour we separated from the large group and all went to finally get some food.  I took this time also to go back to the hotel and finally try to get caught up on my blog since I was slowly getting a little more behind than I would have liked.  Unfortunately as awesome as this hotel was you had to pay for your internet and you only had so much time.  Tonight we just hung out in the hotel for a little with a few drinks and then made our way to a club that was just down the street from the hotel.  The club was called U4 just like one of the metro lines in Vienna and inside was a few different styled rooms and music. 

1 comment:

  1. I didn’t realize that the horses in the stable we passed by were being trained to “dance.” That’s interesting that you picked up on that because I was wondering why there were horses in the middle of the city. I figured that there was some historical significance to their housing in the middle of the town, but I never would have guessed that they were being train to dance. It was pretty ironic to be biking around an urban setting and roll up on a stable full of horses. Thanks for passing along the info on the horses’ significance.

    ReplyDelete