Sunday, June 3, 2012

Venizia, Italy



May Twenty Ninth, 2012 –

Today we met up early to catch the train to Venice, Italy.  Luckily our hotel wasn’t too far of a walk with all of our bags and we made it there with time to spare.  We ended up having to wait on a few stragglers, but they made it just in time to find us and walk to the platform.  The train ride got off to a poor start when I forgot to write the date of travel on my eurail pass.  The attendant came by to check our passes while I was watching a movie and so I had no forewarning.  He grabbed my pass and just starting saying 50 Euro’s and then showed me his device reading 50 Euro’s.  I was being fined for a simple mistake and I told him that I was very sorry and that it was just an accident.  He was showing no mercy and then I saw that he had Tanner and Jacks passes also.  Luckily instead of charging each of us 50 Euro he just fined the three of us a total of 50 Euro.  After this incident I was a little upset, but I got back to my movie and a little bit of sleep.

When we finally arrived in Venizia we split up into two groups and our meeting spot was a church near our hotel.  I ended up going the long way and this was quite a journey with both of my bags and the heat.  Tucker led our group to the church with near perfect directions and in pretty good time.  The other group had the shorter walk and beat us by about 20 minutes.  We ended up running into professor Tatum right near our hotel and then we checked in.






When we walked into the rooms they had a little bit of a foul smell and unfortunately no air conditioning.  We just left right then and went to go find some food.  We walked the streets and ended up finding St. Marks, which is the famous square in Venice with all of the pigeons, shops, restaurants, and musicians.  We met back up with everyone around 8:30 tonight and went back to St. Marks to see it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment